Reducing the effects of poverty in Beaufort and Jasper counties by promoting self-sufficiency and economic independence.
Elevating health, education, and economic standards of low-income residents in our services delivery area is our primary focus. We serve as a network for the state’s not-for-profit and related governmental units to address the daily challenges of the disadvantaged in South Carolina in the most effective manner possible. Recipients must prove their economic sustainability. BJEOC’s assistance is meant to help individuals or families reach a point where they can assist themselves without public funding. The Community Action Agency is part of an extensive regional network of faith-based and non-profit agencies that work on a knowledgeable referral basis. If we cannot help a client, we will help that recipient find the appropriate channel to meet their needs.
- HEAD START/EARLY HEAD START
- COMMUNITY SERVICES BLOCK GRANT (CSBG) PROGRAM
- LOW-INCOME ENERGY ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (LIHEAP)
- LOW-INCOME ENERGY ASSISTANCE PROGRAM/AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN (LIHEAP-ARP)
- GENERAL EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE (GEAP) PROGRAM
- HOUSING PRESERVATION GRANT (HPG) PROGRAM
- YOUTH LEADERSHIP PROGRAM
- SENIOR FARMERS’ MARKET
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate walk-ins.
Please use the phone number below to schedule appointments for your desired service. Appointments will be confirmed via a telephone call from a Beaufort-Jasper ECO team member within three to five business days.
Beaufort Office: (843) 255-7220 or Jasper Office: (843) 726-5586
The following documents are required, in addition to other eligibility requirements, to complete an application for Beaufort-Jasper EOC services:
- Legible, valid state-issued photo ID for the applicant (name and address on the ID must match what is listed on all presented documents
- Legible Social Security cards for all household members (no photocopies)
- Proof of income for ALL household members for the past 30 days prior to the application date
- If the applicant has earnings or wages, they will need to provide their pay stub (examples are monthly, semi-monthly, bi-weekly, and weekly)
- If the applicant receives Social Security, Social Security insurance, pensions, or retirement, they will need their current year benefit award letter.
- If the applicant is a business owner or is self-employed, they will need the current tax year statement (example: Schedule C or C-EZ with all pages signed and included.
Most programs require that you meet federal income guidelines, we will screen applicants at the beginning of the application process.
NOTE: Income includes, but is not limited to:
- Child support (a signed statement by the payer if support is voluntary or a statement from the court if it is court-ordered
- TANF/AFDC/Monthly Utility Check
- Unemployment Insurance
- Monthly stipends
- Adoption subsidies