Reducing the effects of poverty in Beaufort and Jasper counties by promoting self-sufficiency and economic independence.
Elevating health, education, and economic standards of low-income residents in our services delivery area is our primary focus. We serve as a network for the state’s not-for-profit and related governmental units to address the daily challenges of the disadvantaged in South Carolina in the most effective manner possible. Recipients must prove their economic sustainability. BJEOC’s assistance is meant to help individuals or families reach a point where they can assist themselves without public funding. The Community Action Agency is part of an extensive regional network of faith-based and non-profit agencies that work on a knowledgeable referral basis. If we cannot help a client, we will help that recipient find the appropriate channel to meet their needs.
- HEAD START/EARLY HEAD START
- COMMUNITY SERVICES BLOCK GRANT (CSBG) PROGRAM
- LOW-INCOME ENERGY ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (LIHEAP)
- LOW-INCOME ENERGY ASSISTANCE PROGRAM/AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN (LIHEAP-ARP)
- GENERAL EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE (GEAP) PROGRAM
- HOUSING PRESERVATION GRANT (HPG) PROGRAM
- YOUTH LEADERSHIP PROGRAM
- SENIOR FARMERS’ MARKET